Do you venture out into the world to take your dogs to the dog park ever? If so then we’re confident you’ve probably heard some crazy things! If not, well then we invite you to continue reading to learn some of the craziest things people have heard at the dog park.
These are conversations that other dog owners have overheard. They could have heard it through person to person conversations, while eavesdropping, or just accidentally overheard while walking by other people. Either way, this is going to be a fun article to read!
- I wish there were dog parks for humans! Umm, there is! It’s called a park!
- I don’t care that the Uber guy cancels my rid and speeds off when he sees my big dog, but what if she develops body issues? It’s bad enough that all her dog friends are small.
- We used to pretty close but then she didn’t show up for my dog’s party and so that was that.
- Things were going great until he got tired of me texting him photos of dog poop.
- I’m gonna have to call you back, she’s humping all the boys again.
- My dogs went vegan for a week but then it got too mainstream. Besides, the kale farts weren’t worth the good Karma.
The Dos and Don’ts of Dog Parks
Now that you head a few of the craziest things that have been overheard at a dog park, it’s time to let you in on some dog park etiquette.
Do not let your dog mob other dogs.
Allow the new dogs entering the park ample space to breathe as they enter the dog park and get ready to play with the other dogs. Do not be that dog owner who lets their dog run to the gate each time a new dog arrives at the park.
Leash the toy thief.
If your dog is prone to stealing other dog’s toys or getting possessive during toy play, then bring along your dog’s favorite toy to get them back when they start acting amuck. If you can’t keep your tory thief dog under control, then just keep them leased, please.
Pay attention to your dog.
Sure this is a dog park for dogs to engage with each other, but remember it’s much like a kid park. You need to keep an eye on your dog so that they behave appropriately while at the park with other dogs.
There you have it, some funny things overhead at the dog park and some tips and tricks to be a good dog park visitor!