There are many people who plan their engagements with their furry companions. This means someone using their cat to bring a ring to their beloved, or a dog carrying the ring over to their special someone so they can pop the question.
Those are just two of the unique ways that people in love enjoy using their pets to be part of their engagement story. Today we’re sharing some of our favorite engagement stories involving pets that we found on the internet to spread some love, happiness, and perhaps an engagement idea for someone out there waiting to propose to their beloved soon.
1. A couple was in the doctor’s office when the doctor said her fiancé could donate blood to help save their dog that had gotten into some rat poison. When the groom-to-be went into the back room, he somehow tied a note to his shirt that said “MARRY ME” which he quickly took off before coming back with a bandage around his arm.
2. Another couple was enjoying a meal at their favorite restaurant when the gentleman pulls out an engagement ring and proposed. He hid it in one of their appetizers beforehand and had to make sure they ordered something that didn’t include tomatoes or parmesan cheese which can spoil food contained inside it for a while.
3. This guy proposes in a unique way to his girlfriend when his cat brings her a gift with the ring inside. He had wrapped up the box years earlier and put it in their hallway which is where the couple’s cat, Mr. Bingley, found it one day and decided to bring it home for them to open.
4. To propose to his girlfriend while waiting for their plane, this guy had put together an engagement board game that included questions about how they met and some trivia about them as a couple. When he got to the last question, “Will you marry me?” it was already turned over to say yes which meant she couldn’t refuse his proposal.
5. One woman proposed to her boyfriend when she cooked him dinner with the engagement ring hidden inside one of the hamburger patties. It was a great moment for her, but it might have been even more special if they hadn’t eaten beforehand since he got sick right after eating it!
Why Include Your Pet in a Proposal?
Anyone who has ever had a pet can tell you how much they are capable of making your life better. A dog or cat might just be the best companion that anyone could ask for. When it comes time to propose to someone you love, sometimes that pet is what makes them refuse the proposal because they’re so in love with their furry friend too.
If you’re worried that your partner might say no because they can’t imagine life without their pet, then including them in the proposal is a sure way to make it difficult for them to do so. They’ll be so excited about getting married to someone who loves both of them equally and wants to spend the rest of their lives with each of them, but the pet parent will have a hard time turning down such an adorable idea.
You don’t need to actually get your pet involved in the proposal to make it special for both of you and show how much they mean to you and your partner. Maybe there’s a story that explains why they’re so important to both of you, or you could send them pictures of the two of you including your pet in some way to show that they’re part of this very special moment.